Nowadays the first impression customers have on your brand is the one on the internet. Having an online presence is crucial to helping consumers achieve their buying process. Those websites made with 800 animations or those that are not updated with your latest projects are not going to help.
It would seem that it is logical in our present day that companies know that digital channels are captive sellers that generate new prospects. However, we don’t pay them attention to see results through them.
In this post, we will talk about some good practices for your website. We will mention the most important ones here, but if you want to see more information on this topic you can download our guide of 25 things you can do on your website to have more traffic and customers.
- If you already have a website and have not updated it in more than 5 years, it is time to do so. It will be better to refresh graphic styles, generate a new architectural section and, more importantly, build a site that is manageable and allows you to have modifying content and images so your visitors can always see your new information.
- Content: Users must be given the option to return regularly to your website. This can be achieved through the frequent generation of valuable content. Have a blog and write at least once a week. Develop the texts of your site using the keywords of your sector that are the most searched by the users in Google.
- External links: The more sites there are to refer you, the easier it is for your site to position itself on Google. Being registered in different industrial directories or having a guide line (banner or link) from a site that is heavily visited, will help different users to reach your website.
- Balances between images and texts: Neither too much nor too little. It is important that your site has content and good images. If you don’t have a stock of images for your business, we recommend that you look for a photographer and have a shooting that helps you generate own images. We have seen several sites that use the sample photos purchased in banks of images.
- Contact forms: Your data and contact forms must be visible and repeated throughout the site. The goal of a website is not just to inform but to convert those who browse into potential customers.
- Cases of success or testimonials: Record your customers and put those videos on your website so other users will be able to hear what the experience of working with you is.
- Check the website of your competition: Make the difference in your sector by taking this channel seriously. Consider the content on your competition’s websites and allow it to help you figure out what you need and don’t need.
- Maintenance: Having the website implies that someone should be aware of analyzing, doing metrics, answering the contact forms and updating the content. If there is no one on your team who can perform this function, you can come with us and, with pleasure, we can provide the service.